Thursday, December 9, 2010

Russia, Romania and Ukraine

October 31, 2010

I got to meet some fellow trainees for the first time.

It was a Sunday and AIESEC invited me if I can be part of the interview panel that will screen applicants for their exchange program abroad. I will evaluate the applicants' English speaking skills.

There I met Katya. She is a Russian and has been in Turkey for about 2 months. She will stay for 10 months in the country I think.

She is very warm and always ready with a smile. AIESEC guys are always swarming around her.

I also met Ahmet. He is an AIESECer but is also an applicant for the exchange program. We exchanged greetings after the event and he invited me if I want to meet the other trainees from Ukraine and Romania. They will meet up and have tea or something in a while.

Ahmet from Turkey, Simona from Romania, and Natalie from Ukraine

I was very happy for the invitation. Having been cooped up in the house of my host family during most of my stay in Turkey, I am so happy to finally speak English, meet new people, and interact with fellow individuals with the same situation as mine.

I met Natalie from Ukraine and Simona from Romania. We gossiped about people and shared our expectations from the traineeship. To say that I was very happy to meet them is an understatement.

çok mutlu

No comments:

Post a Comment