Thursday, December 9, 2010

November and Alive

My November was trying.

This was the time when I was seriously considering if I should go home or not. I was so homesick aggravated more by the fact that things are not going well in my house and my work.

The situation in my house is not attractive and my responsibilities at work is not challenging, to say the least.

Thank God November was over. I was able to find a new home, transfer to a new traineeship and met a lot of nice and new people.

If I will try to fondly remember November, it will be because:

1. I met Mila and Elvira. Mila is from Ukraine and almost the same age as mine. I think we click and I am looking forward to knowing her more. Elvira is from Kazakhstan and only stayed until the end of November.


Mila from Ukraine and Elvira from Kazakhstan

2. I was able to stay at Erkan and Elizabeth's house and experienced being taken cared of. They were just amazing.

My life savers

3. I was able to go to Eregli and meet Manay's Turkish-Filipino family together with her in-laws. It was just so fun eating and laughing with them. They reminded me of my big family at home.

I enjoyed

4. I was able to go to Bursa and eat at the original maker of Iskender or kebab.

The house of the original kebab

5. I have a super new host family.


November wasn't so bad after all.

I just need to suffer some selective amnesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment