Thursday, December 9, 2010

Filipino Meal

My new host family is super. To somehow show my appreciation, I attempted to cook a Filipino meal for them and their friends.

Last Saturday, I cooked Adobo, Pancit Canton, Lumpiang Shanghai and Turon. They ate all of them but they liked the Lumpiang Shanghai the most.




Ahmet, Baris, Dilber and Seda (The two in the middle are my host family. Yey!)

Thanks to Youtube, I was able to tide through the ordeal.

One thing I realized when I was preparing for the meal is that meat is SUPER EXPENSIVE in Turkey. One whole chicken costed me around Php330. I think in the Philippines, chicken is only half the price. Beef was also outrageous. A quarter of a kilo costed me Php300. I think you can buy almost a kilo of beef already in the Philippines with that money.

Nevertheless, I am just so happy that I was able to feed Turkish people with our food. People here are known to be picky and not so adventurous with different cuisines. They might have been too polite to eat what I cooked but I am happy to whip a meal for them again but hopefull not very soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment