Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Backtrack: The Fast and the Furious

AIESEC Trainees ready to match!
July 27 - Out of nowhere, I suddenly remembered Misty and her AIESEC experience. I searched for AIESEC Philippines, found the first person with an email address posted and typed away asking for information on how I can join.

August 2 - I got my first reply from the group. The person advised me that I am fit for their  traineeship program and if interested would please contact the MC VP for the Outgoing Exchange. I emailed the VP for Outgoing Exchange.

August 3 - I got a reply from the VP for the Outgoing Exchange and was referred to my LC, UP Diliman. The VP for Operations scheduled an orientation for me on August 4.

August 4 - My orientation was cancelled and was instead informed that the last day of application for the traineeship will be on August 5. If I still want to apply for the traineeship, I have to go to an interview the following day at the AIESEC office in Katipunan and accomplish the forms that they sent me over the mail. I said I am interested. They scheduled my interview at 4 PM.

August 5 - I was at the AIESEC office at Katipunan by 3:30 PM. My interview was over in less than 30 minutes. I GOT IN. I received my official emailed letter from the VP for Outgoing Exchange of my LC, UP Diliman, confirming that I was accepted. I have to attend the Ambassador's Day this Saturday.

August 7 - I was at Provident Village, Makati by 1 PM and was attending the Ambassador's Day with the other interns. I paid for my Application and Raising Fee.
AIESEC UPD and the trainees
August  11 - I attended my Matching Training at the cafe near College of Music.

August 16 - My form was officially raised in My.AIESEC.net and I am now free to match.

August 17-18 - I started applying. I got immediate replies from China, Japan, Cambodia, and Russia.

August 19 - I got an email from Turkey asking if I am interested to their TN. I said yes. I got a schedule for a Skype interview with them the following day.

August 20 - AIESEC Turkey was nowhere near the web.

August 22 - I got an email from the VP for Outgoing Exchange of Turkey apologizing and asking if we can reset the interview. I said fine. The interview was set the following day.

August 23 - The interview was at 2 PM. It went well. They want my AN.

August 24-25 - I was thinking and researching if I really want to go to Turkey.

August 26 - I sent them my AN. I got MATCHED!

August 27 - The VP for Incoming Exchange of Turkey got in touch with me.

August 28 - They sent me their AN and invitation letter.

September 3 - I went to the embassy to get visa requirements.

September 7 - I submitted my documents to the embassy.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your AIESEC internship! have a blast in Turkey. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Just read this Justine. I am now here. Hope you learn something from my traineeship even vicariously through this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete