Sunday, March 27, 2011

Of Perfect Days and Dreaming Home

It's Saturday and the weather is nice, 23 degrees Celsius.

I went to school to attend my very first Parents-Teachers Meeting.

I came earlier than needed so I had breakfast with the Dance and Drama teacher in a nearby pizza house.

After the meeting, Driss met me in Garniture and we went to his place where Katya is waiting.

I ate some fruit salad and drank Moroccan tea.

We met Mila together with the whole Altan family, except Babba, at the park in Halkevi.

Mila, Katya, Driss and I walked towards Seka Park to have some coffee and cay.

My host family picked me up in Carsi and we went home to have dinner with their friends, Ahmet and Sevim.

We ate manti and drank Coke, my favorites.

After dinner, we went to the living room to watch TV while drinking cay and eating almonds and pistachios.

It is a good day, even perfect, if I may say.

But I don't feel right.

I dream of home.

I want to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment